Viennese waffles with cinnamon
- Wheat flour 200 g
- 4 eggs
- Butter 200 g
- Cane sugar 6 tablespoons
- Powdered sugar 3 tablespoons
- Kefir 3 tablespoons
- Baking Powder at the tip of the knife
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Vanilla sugar to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- In one bowl, beat the eggs, soft butter and cane sugar. Everything should be at room temperature.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, add powdered sugar. Continue to beat until it gets smooth. After that add kefir.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder. You can pre-mix the baking powder and flour and add it together.
Bring to a smooth dough. It should turn out to be slightly denser than the dough for pancakes (but not very dense).
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg to taste. The more cinnamon the better.
- Bake in a waffle pan for about 5 minutes each waffle (or every two waffles, depending on the waffle pan) until waffles gets golden brown. Waffles do not need to bake until crispy, they should be thick and crusty. Slightly crunchy they will become when they cool.