Vanilla EclairsCourse: Dessert Recipes, Pastry Recipes
Milk 900 ml
Water 350 ml
Butter 420 g
Wheat flour 275 g
Pasteurized egg 400 ml
Cream 33% 180 ml
Egg yolk 150 g
Corn Starch 60 g
Vanilla pod 6 pieces
Vanilla essence 15 ml
Sugar powder with vanilla 36 g
Sugar 155 g
Salt 7 g
- Mix in a saucepan cream and 750 grams of milk.
- Cut the vanilla pods, scrape the seeds into a mixture of milk and cream, throw the pods there. Pour the same vanilla essence and pour the icing sugar with vanilla.
- Bring the liquid to a hot state (60–70 degrees), cover with foil, put in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Mix water and 150 grams of milk in a saucepan, add salt, 20 grams of sugar, 225 grams of diced softened butter. Put the pot on medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Pour the flour into the boiling liquid, all at once. Immediately turn the heat down to low.
- Stir all with a wooden spatula until smooth. The dough will turn into a bun and begin to lag behind the walls.
- Dry the dough for 2 minutes. As soon as carbon deposits appear on the bottom of the pan, the crust means that the dough has released enough moisture to start absorbing a new one.
- Cool the dough to 55 degrees. To do this, put the dough in a bowl and mix methodically. You can measure it with a thermometer, you can try it with your finger. Not burned – ready.
- Slowly, pour melange in portions. Cover the dough with a film in contact, put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Put the dough in a pastry bag with a 15–16 mm nozzle, “French star”, deposit the eclairs on a perforated mat or on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven, preheated to 150-160 degrees for 1.5 hours. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Get milk with vanilla, pull out the pods. Bring the liquid up to 60-70 degrees.
- Mix yolks and 135 grams of sugar. Add starch, mix everything.
- Pour half the liquid into sugar with yolks and starch, stirring constantly, then the second half. Return everything back to the pan, heat to 82 degrees. After the cream thickens, bubbles appear and begin to burst, hold the cream on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add 195 g of softened butter, mix. Cover with foil in contact, put in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Pierce the bottoms of eclairs in three places. Fill the eclair with cream, starting at the edges. Decorate to taste.