Easy peasy gingerbread cookiesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
1/2 butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C molasses
2 T water
2 2/3 C flour, sifted
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp each, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground all spice
- Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment, cream together butter and brown sugar, 2-3 minutes, until fluffy. Add molasses, egg, and water, mix until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients by sifting together.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Form dough into a disk and wrap in plastic, place in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove from fridge. Roll out dough to 1/4” thick and cut into shapes. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cookies won’t spread too much, but if your kitchen is warm then refrigerate the cut out cookies for 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Once the cookies cool, decorate with royal icing, or just eat as they are. Delicious!