Veggie Galette With Caramelized OnionsCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Pastry Recipes
300g spelt flour
200g soft butter
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp cold water
1/2 tsp salt
2 red onions
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp honey
200g artichoke hearts
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
- Knead flour, salt, butter, egg yolk and water into a smooth dough and refrigerate for about 30 min.
- In the meantime, peel onions and cut them into fine wedges. Heat some oil in a pan and fry onions for 2-3 min. Caramelize briefly with honey. Then remove onions from the pan.
- Drain and quarter the artichokes. Clean, wash and slice the zucchini. Peel the carrots and cut them into slices. Peel garlic and chop finely. Mix vegetables in a bowl with 2 tbsp of oil. Crumble feta cheese and mix with the vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C fan oven. Roll out the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (Ø 30–32 cm). Prick the dough sheet several times with a fork. Spread the vegetable mixture on the dough and leave a 3–4 cm wide edge free. Fold the edge over the vegetables. Whisk the egg and brush the edge with it. Bake in the hot oven for about 30 min.
- Take out of the oven and spread the caramelized onions on the galette. Enjoy warm!