Quick Morning BiscuitsCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Snacks
2 1/4 cup self-rising flour
1 stick salted cold butter
1 cup cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut butter into the flour until the mixture has pea-sized clumps.
- Add milk to the flour mixture a little at a time using a fork to mix in.
- Use clean floured hands to form a large dough ball and flatten (with hands) to about 1in thick on a floured counter or surface.
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter (or glass) to cut out biscuits. Combine remaining dough and repeat as necessary until all dough is used.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 min. Or until golden tops.
- Serve Warm and enjoy!
- If you don’t have salted butter, you can use unsalted and just add 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Optional trick: use a cheese grated to grate butter prior to cutting into flour. This helps to get small pieces evenly distributed.