Welcome to a culinary journey where a delicious frittata combines the crispness of asparagus with the creaminess of ricotta cheese. This recipe for an asparagus and ricotta cheese frittata is a delicious choice for brunch, dinner, or even breakfast. Ricotta cheese and tender asparagus spears work together to create a flavorful medley that will tempt your palate.
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Boil some salted water in a pot. After 2 minutes of cooking the asparagus pieces, drain and stop the cooking by rinsing under cold water.
- Whisk the eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in a big bowl.
- In a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus in the skillet, making sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Cook on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes until the edges start to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the frittata is set and golden brown on top.
- Take it out of the oven, then allow it to cool. Serve after cutting into wedges.