Coconut Macaroon Nests
2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Cadbury chocolate eggs
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet.
- Add coconut to the food processor and pulse until in small pieces.
- Transfer coconut flakes to a mixing bowl along and add almond flour, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to let the almond flour hydrate.
- Drop by spoonful onto prepared cookie sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop. Use your thumb or a spoon to make an indentation in the center to form a nest shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool. They will set as they cool. Top with a few chocolate eggs.
- If you want to use unsweetened coconut flakes, add 2 additional tbsp of maple syrup.