Tortilla with cilantroCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Spanish Kitchen
Ground black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Butter 50 g
Cilantro 1 bundle
Vegetable oil 50 ml
Onion 1 head
Eggs 6 pieces
Potatoes 500 g
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin, round slices.
- Cut onion into half rings and in a deep frying pan fry the mixture of vegetable and butter until soft, then add the potatoes to the same pan and fry the vegetables until the potatoes are soft, but not fully cooked.
- In a deep bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour the half-cooked potatoes with onions from the pan into the bowl and mix the vegetables with the eggs and pre-cut cilantro.
- Put the contents of the bowl back into the pan and put it on the stove for five minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 180 degrees and move the pan there. Give the tortilla three or four minutes to brown.
- Remove from the oven, cut into slices and serve with white bread, smeared with olive oil and crushed garlic.
- A classic Spanish omelet, the secret of which is that the potatoes must be cut really very thin for him. Usually, the tortilla is served upside down, for which you need to put the pan upside down on a large plate and strike several times on the backside. After that, the tortilla itself falls out on a plate.