Prawn and avocado bread is a tasty open-faced sandwich made with toasted bread, mashed avocado mixed with diced red onion, red bell pepper, and fresh coriander, and topped with cooked and peeled prawns mixed with mayonnaise. The creamy avocado, savory prawns, and crunchy toasted bread create an ideal balance of flavors and textures. This sandwich is simple to make and makes an excellent lunch or light dinner. Avocado and prawns are both low in saturated fat and high in protein and healthy fats, making it a healthy option. Overall, prawn and avocado bread is a flavorful and satisfying sandwich that will appeal to both seafood and avocado lovers.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 cup cooked and peeled prawns
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Remove the pit from the avocado and cut it in half. Scoop out the flesh and set it aside in a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork after adding the lemon juice.
- To the bowl, add the diced red onion, red bell pepper, and fresh coriander. Combine thoroughly.
- Season the mixture to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Toast the slices of bread until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cooked prawns and mayonnaise.
- Distribute the avocado mixture evenly over the toasted bread slices.
- Place the prawn and mayo mixture on top of the avocado mixture.
- Serve right away.