Finnish Creamy Salmon Soup (Lohikateto)
Finnish Creamy Salmon Soup (Lohikateto)Course: Seafood Recipes, Soup Recipes
Olive oil 3 tablespoons
Leek 1 piece
Bay leaf 1 piece
Potatoes 340 g
Salmon fillet 340 g
Starch 1 tablespoon
¾ cup cream
Butter 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper on the tip of a knife
Dill to taste
Lemon to taste
Water 3 glasses
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and cook the onions. Once the onion has become soft, pour in 3 glasses of water and throw in the bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Prepare the potatoes. Reduce the heat and place the potatoes. Close the lid and cook until the potatoes are ready.
- Put the salmon in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Then pour in the cream and mix.
- Cook the gruel by mixing the starch with 1 tablespoon of water, stirring until the starch is completely dissolved. Add this gruel to the soup and cook until the soup thickens (this item, if desired, the more starch – the thicker the soup).
- Throw the butter, stir and remove from heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with plenty of chopped parsley or dill. When serving, squeeze lemon juice if desired.