Vegan shoyu ramenCourse: Soup Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
2 oz of dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrate in hot water for 2 hours or overnight, add reserve water into soup stock, slice mushroom 1/4 thick)
6 cups of water or vegetable stock
2 teaspoons avocado oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 inch ginger, minced
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup low sodium tamari
1 teaspoon mushroom powder
2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Saute ginger, garlic, and onion in oil till fragrant.
- Add the rest of the broth ingredients and cook for 15 mins.
- Pour hot stock over buckwheat noodles cooked as package direction.
- I added sweet peas when soup stock was boiling to simply blanched them.
- Serve with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- If you want added protein top it with a hard-boiled egg or your choice of protein.