Vegan shoyu ramen Recipe
- 2 oz of dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrate in hot water for 2 hours or overnight, add reserve water into soup stock, slice mushroom 1/4 thick)
- 6 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon mushroom powder
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Saute ginger, garlic, and onion in oil till fragrant.
- Add the rest of the broth ingredients and cook for 15 mins.
- Pour hot stock over buckwheat noodles cooked as package direction.
- I added sweet peas when soup stock was boiling to simply blanched them.
- Serve with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- If you want added protein top it with a hard-boiled egg or your choice of protein.
I followed it exactly as written and it turned out perfectly.