Tomato & Roast Veg RisottoCourse: Vegetarian Recipes
250g arborio rice
1 liter boiling water
2 veg stock cube
1 spoon of butter
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 broccoli, small pieces
1 courgette, small cubes
1 pepper, finely chopped
1/2 packet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add all your veg onto a baking tray with 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook for 15-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a pan with fry light olive oil and fry your onions until soft.
- Add the garlic, butter, tomato paste and risotto rice, stirring frequently for 5-8 minutes.
- Once the kettle is boiled, add 1 liter of water and veg stock cubes to the pan (increase the heat until it bubbles then reduce to a simmer).
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked and stir in 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese and roasted veg.