Oyster mushrooms fried to a crisp and drizzled with a leek and garlic-infused “butter”
For the crispy mushrooms:
- 200 to 300grams Oyster mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons Glutinous Rice Flour
- Salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons Gochugaru (Korean Chili Flakes)
- 2 Tablespoons Chickpea Flour
- 3 to 5 Tablespoons Water
- Vegetable Oil for frying
For the leek and garlic “butter”:
- 30 grams Margarine or Any non-dairy alternative
- 1 tablespoon Leeks (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- Trim the mushrooms into serving pieces and dredge them in glutinous rice flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine Glutinous rice flour, gochugaru, chickpea flour, salt, and water and mix until it turns into a smooth paste (similar to a thick soup).
- Dip the mushrooms in the batter and fry them in oil over medium heat until crisp and golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Melt some butter in a small pan. Add in chopped garlic and sliced leeks and fry until the leeks are crispy.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the fried mushrooms and serve.