Garlic “Butter” Hiratakes
Garlic “Butter” HiratakesCourse: Snacks
Oyster mushrooms fried to a crisp and drizzled with a leek and garlic-infused “butter”
- For the crispy mushrooms:
200 to 300grams Oyster mushrooms
4 Tablespoons Glutinous Rice Flour
Salt to taste
3 teaspoons Gochugaru (Korean Chili Flakes)
2 Tablespoons Chickpea Flour
3 to 5 Tablespoons Water
Vegetable Oil for frying
- For the leek and garlic “butter”:
30 grams Margarine or Any non-dairy alternative
1 tablespoon Leeks (finely sliced)
1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- Trim the mushrooms into serving pieces and dredge them in glutinous rice flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine Glutinous rice flour, gochugaru, chickpea flour, salt, and water and mix until it turns into a smooth paste (similar to a thick soup).
- Dip the mushrooms in the batter and fry them in oil over medium heat until crisp and golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Melt some butter in a small pan. Add in chopped garlic and sliced leeks and fry until the leeks are crispy.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the fried mushrooms and serve.