Brothy Coconut Mustard Tofu Recipe
- 1kg medium firm tofu, cubed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. honey (or maple)
- 2 Tbsp Djion mustard
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 100g green beans, cut in half
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp lime juice
- For serving: chopped coriander, steamed rice, and lime wedges
- Heat oven to 180 C. Press excess water from tofu and place on a lined baking tray. Season generously with salt and drizzle with oil. Place in oven and bake until golden ~ 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place mustard, honey, turmeric, coconut milk a teaspoon of salt into a large high sided fry pan over med-high heat and whisk to combine. Reduce for 15 mins.
- Place beans and tomatoes into the broth and cook until beans are tender.
- Add cooked tofu to the pan and squeeze lime over top. Taste for seasoning and adjust salt.
- Serve over a bed of rice and scatter with coriander. Done!
I made this for dinner last night and it was a huge hit.