Fresh leaf salad with pomegranate and walnuts is a healthy and delicious salad that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with a combination of fresh salad greens, sweet and tart pomegranate seeds, crunchy walnuts, and crumbled feta cheese. The salad is then dressed with a simple vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.The salad greens used in this recipe typically include a mix of spinach, arugula, and lettuce. These greens provide a variety of textures and flavors that work well with the other ingredients. The pomegranate seeds add a burst of sweet and tangy flavor to the salad, while the walnuts provide a crunchy texture and nutty taste.To prepare the salad, the greens are washed and dried before being placed in a large salad bowl. The pomegranate seeds, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta cheese are then added to the bowl. The dressing is made by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. The dressing is then poured over the salad and tossed to combine.This salad is perfect as a side dish for a variety of meals or as a main dish for a light lunch or dinner. It is a great option for those looking for a healthy and flavorful meal that is easy to prepare. Additionally, the salad can be customized to suit individual tastes by adding additional ingredients such as sliced apples, dried cranberries, or sliced avocado.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (spinach, arugula, and lettuce)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the mixed salad greens and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place them in a large salad bowl.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta cheese to the salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad immediately.
- You can use any combination of salad greens that you prefer, but a mixture of spinach, arugula, and lettuce works well in this recipe.
- If you don’t have pomegranate seeds, you can use dried cranberries or cherries instead.
- You can substitute goat cheese for the feta cheese if you prefer.
- This salad is best served immediately after tossing with the dressing, as the greens can wilt quickly. If you need to make it ahead of time, you can prepare the dressing and store it separately from the salad ingredients until you are ready to serve.