Turmeric Potatoes and ChanaCourse: Indian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
2 cups potatoes, boiled and chopped
4 tbsp ghee
2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp whole cumin
10 cloves garlic chopped
4 fresh chilies, or wiri wiri peppers, finely chopped
1 cup Chana or garbanzo beans
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp salt
4 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Pinch Garam masala
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes, then soak in cold water for 30 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Heat ghee to medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- Remove from heat and add garlic and chilies. Return to heat and cook, stirring until the garlic has a light brown color.
- Stir in turmeric, potatoes and salt. Increase the heat slightly and cook.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro and Garam masala.