Chakhokhbili with chicken and potatoes
Chakhokhbili with chicken and potatoesCourse: Chicken Recipes, Main Food Recipes
Tomatoes 1 kg
Chicken 1 kg
Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
Onion 500 g
Garlic 4 cloves
Hops suneli 1 tsp
Ground coriander 1 tsp
Saffron 1 tsp
Butter 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
Ground red pepper to taste
Lemon ½ pieces
Potatoes ½ kg
Fresh red pepper 1 piece
- Cut the chicken into small pieces (3-4 per serving), fold it into a saucepan or deep frying pan, pre-pour the vegetable oil, and put the stew under a closed lid.
- While the chicken is stewing, finely chop and stew the tomatoes (you can rub them through a colander) with the addition of tomato paste.
- Drain the chicken juice into a separate dish. Add butter, chopped onion, pepper, spices, garlic and fry until crusty, stirring very often.
- Add to the chicken very hot juice, tomatoes. If there is little sauce, add hot water or broth so that the liquid covers the chicken pieces.
- Close the lid tightly, turn down the heat (should gurgle a little). Onions, peppers, and tomatoes should practically dissolve at the end, and chicken meat should lag behind the bones. In the dish you can add separately boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Serve, decorated with thin circles of lemon and greens.