Baked Chorizo & Mascarpone Tray Pasta is a great dish to make on busy weeknights when you want something filling and quick. It can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake, making it ideal for meal prep or entertaining.
- 240g dry weight pasta (I used Fusilli bucati)
- 2 tsp salt for pasta water
- 1/2 mug full of reserved pasta water
- 80g diced chorizo
- 400g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion (150g raw weight)
- 125g mascarpone
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Dice the red onion and add to a large roasting tray with the tomatoes and diced chorizo.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garlic granules and mixed herbs.
- Stir to combine and then make a well in the middle of the tray.
- Spoon in the mascarpone in the middle of the ingredients.
- Place in the oven at fan 180°C / 400°F for 25 mins.
- 10 mins before that’s cooked, boil your pasta in salted water for about 8 mins and then drain.
- Take the tray out of the oven and pour in the drained pasta and reserved pasta water.
- Stir through the whole tray to make a creamy sauce.
- Serve into four equal portions.