Tray Bake Chorizo & Mascarpone PastaCourse: Main Food Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Spanish Kitchen
240g dry weight pasta (I used Fusilli bucati)
2 tsp salt for pasta water
1/2 mug full of reserved pasta water
80g diced chorizo
400g baby plum tomatoes
1 medium red onion (150g raw weight)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp mixed herbs
- Dice the red onion and add to a large roasting tray with the tomatoes and diced chorizo.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garlic granules and mixed herbs.
- Stir to combine and then make a well in the middle of the tray.
- Spoon in the mascarpone in the middle of the ingredients.
- Place in the oven at fan 180°C / 400°F for 25 mins.
- 10 mins before that’s cooked, boil your pasta in salted water for about 8 mins and then drain.
- Take the tray out of the oven and pour in the drained pasta and reserved pasta water.
- Stir through the whole tray to make a creamy sauce.
- Serve into four equal portions.