Risotto With Asparagus Recipe
This Italian risotto recipe is a creamy and delicious dish made with Arborio rice, asparagus, and Parmesan cheese. It’s perfect as a main dish and can be easily made vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened about 3 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat with the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the hot broth to the skillet and constantly stir until the broth is absorbed. Repeat this process, adding one ladleful of broth at a time, stirring constantly until the rice is tender and creamy, but still slightly firm in the center, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking and continue to stir.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I can easily see myself swapping in different vegetables depending on what’s in season or in my fridge.