Cozy & Hearty Fall Veggie soup Recipe
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large parsnip
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head of kale, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- any other fresh veggies you want
- 1 garlic glove, finely chopped
- 1 can peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups rice (not cooked)
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp chopped thyme (optional)
- Wash, skin, and chop all fresh veggies. drain and rinse all canned veggies.
- Add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat, allow to smoke then add garlic and onion. let it get caramelized, 5-7 mins, occasionally stirring.
- Add carrots, celery, parsnips (hard veggies) to cook and soften for 10 mins.
- Add tomato paste and all spices, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then add broccoli, cherry tomatoes, kale, and all beans, sauté for 2 mins.
- Lastly, add vegetable stock, rice and all herbs. bring to a boil and then simmer for at least 30 mins, up to 2 hours.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
“I made this recipe and it was okay, but I think it could use more spice.