Cold Beetroot Soup Recipe
Summer is here, and what better way to beat the heat than with a refreshing bowl of cold beetroot soup? This vibrant soup is not only visually stunning, but it’s also packed with vitamins and minerals that are essential for good health. Made with fresh beets, cucumbers, and yogurt, this soup is perfect for cooling down on a hot summer day. Plus, it’s super easy to make and can be whipped up in no time. So, let’s get started!
- 3 medium-sized beetroots, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced beetroots, Greek yogurt, cold water, sliced cucumber, minced garlic, chopped dill, chopped mint, and fresh lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional chopped dill or mint, if desired.
I never would have thought to make a cold soup with beetroots, but after trying this recipe, I’m hooked! The combination of the earthy beets with the tangy yogurt and fresh herbs is simply divine. Perfect for a hot summer day