Tasty Cream of Broccoli SoupCourse: Soup Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
1 head of broccoli
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 medium carrots
1 large yellow onion
3 or 4 small potatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1L of vegetable broth
a handful of fresh basil leaves
a tiny bit of dill
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
1/2 to 1 cup of heavy cream (depending on your preferences)
1/2 cup of (white) old cheddar
- In a large pot, brown your diced onions, garlic and carrots on medium heat in some olive oil. In the meantime, bring your potatoes to a boil in a separate pot.
- Once your potatoes are tender and done, add them to your pot containing the onions and carrots, and add along your broth, broccoli, cauliflower and some salt & pepper.
- Let simmer for about 20-25 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer your soup mixture into a blender, and add your basil leaves, dill, greek yogurt, cheese and heavy cream.
- Pour into bowls and serve with croutons.