Creamy pearl couscous with mushrooms and thymeCourse: Dinner Recipes, Main Food Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
150g pearl couscous
200g mushroom mix
100g chestnut mushrooms
8 sprigs of thyme
3 sprigs of fresh oregano
1 yellow pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 cube of mushroom (50ml of mushroom broth)
2 tbsp ricotta
Optional: pine nuts
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic. Cut the bell pepper into cubes. Cut the mushrooms into rough pieces/slices. Remove the thyme and oregano leaves from the stems. Finely chop the oregano.
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion. Add the garlic, thyme and bell pepper and cook for 6 minutes.
- Prepare the pearl couscous according to the package.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and fry until they have wilted.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Crumble the stock cube over the mushrooms. Add the ricotta and a splash of water and stir well.
- Add the pearl couscous and mix it together—season with pepper.
- Divide the pearl couscous between the plates. Garnish with pine nuts and extra thyme.