Creamy pearl couscous with mushrooms and thyme Recipe
- 150g pearl couscous
- 200g mushroom mix
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cube of mushroom (50ml of mushroom broth)
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- Optional: pine nuts
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic. Cut the bell pepper into cubes. Cut the mushrooms into rough pieces/slices. Remove the thyme and oregano leaves from the stems. Finely chop the oregano.
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion. Add the garlic, thyme and bell pepper and cook for 6 minutes.
- Prepare the pearl couscous according to the package.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and fry until they have wilted.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Crumble the stock cube over the mushrooms. Add the ricotta and a splash of water and stir well.
- Add the pearl couscous and mix it together—season with pepper.
- Divide the pearl couscous between the plates. Garnish with pine nuts and extra thyme.
I found the instructions to be confusing and some steps were missing. I had trouble following the recipe and the dish did not turn out well.