Apples, Mustard and Onions Braised SausagesCourse: Main Food Recipes, Meat Recipes
800g pork sausages (12)
4 Braeburn apples, cored and cut in 4
4 red onions, cut in thick slices
3 tbsp honey
1 bunch of fresh thyme
1 bunch of fresh bay leaves
3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to a 180 C fan.
- In an oven-proof wide base saucepan, warm 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry pan the sausages for 10 minutes, turning them regularly to ensure homogenous coloration and searing.
- Take them out and sauté the onions in the fat of the sausages, adding a splash of water to scrape off the juices.
- Let the onions soften and brown for 10 minutes. Stir in the honey and mustard and let it bubble up for 3 minutes.
- Place the apple wedges in a wreath, sprinkle the bay leaves and thyme springs, lay the sausages, drizzle the cider, bring to a simmer, then put the lid on and place the saucepan in the oven for 30 minutes. Take off the lid and cook for 30 further minutes.
- Serve along with delicious potatoes gratin.