Slow Cooker Ground Venison Soup Recipe
Slow cooker ground venison soup is a hearty and delicious meal that is perfect for a cold winter day. Venison is a lean and healthy meat that is full of flavor and pairs perfectly with the vegetables and spices in this soup. Using a slow cooker makes this recipe easy and convenient, allowing you to prepare the ingredients in the morning and come home to a warm and comforting meal in the evening.One of the great things about slow cooker ground venison soup is its versatility. You can easily customize the recipe to suit your tastes by adding or substituting different vegetables or spices. For example, you could add chopped kale or spinach for extra nutrition, or swap out the thyme and rosemary for cumin and chili powder to give the soup a spicy kick.Another benefit of this recipe is that it is a great way to use up leftover venison from hunting season. Venison is a lean and healthy meat that is high in protein and low in fat, making it a great choice for anyone looking to eat a healthier diet. By using ground venison in this soup, you can create a satisfying and flavorful meal that is both delicious and nutritious.
- 1 lb of ground venison (or beef, chicken or turkey)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced (or baby carrots, chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 28oz diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 cups beef broth, unsalted
- 1 tsp salt, pepper & Italian seasoning
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Cover and turn on low.
- Microwave potatoes for 2 minutes on each side. Once cooled, peel and dice – add to slow cooker.
- Cook ground meat in sauté pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil until meat is browned all over. Add to slow cooker.
- Dice onion and carrots. In sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté onion and carrots and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until onion becomes translucent. Add in minced garlic. Cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Add to slow cooker.
- Add in diced tomatoes, with juice from a can, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Add in 2 cups of beef broth. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve & top with fresh parmesan!
I am so impressed with this recipe.