Honey and Garlic Pork ChopsCourse: Main Food Recipes, Meat Recipes, Pork Recipes
4 pork chops
Sea salt flakes, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 tbsp garlic granules
2 tbsp olive oil
5 fat garlic cloves, very finely chopped.
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable stock
3 tbsp cider vinegar
A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Season the pork chops on both sides, with salt, pepper and garlic granules.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through snd deeply golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and reserve.
- Melt the butter in the same pan. Add the garlic and cook for half a minute, swirling the pan.
- Add the honey, stock and vinegar, increase the heat and, stirring occasionally, cook the sauce until it reduces down and thickens to a syrupy consistency.
- Return the pork and its juices to the pan and baste it generously with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the chops and serve with simply boiled rice and/or a leafy salad.