Duck leg confit with baked sweet potato and caponataCourse: Italian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes, Meat Recipes
Duck leg confit 1 piece
Eggplant 100 g
Celery stalk 40 g
Capers 20 g
Olives 20 g
Pelati Tomatoes 40 g
Pine nuts 15 g
Chilli 15 g
Wine vinegar 15 ml
Honey 20 g
Garlic 2 cloves
Thyme 1 branch
Sour cream 50 g
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the sweet potato well with a brush, sprinkle with oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap in foil.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on the size. The finished sweet potato should be easily pierced with a skewer or knife.
- Prepare the caponata. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the eggplant and celery, chopped into small cubes, and chopped garlic. Fry, stirring occasionally, until the eggplants are golden brown and slightly softer, 15 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, capers, olives, pine nuts and chopped chili. Season with honey and wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer the caponata over low heat, covered for about 10-12 minutes. The eggplants should be soft but retain their shape.
- Before serving, warm the leg of confit in its own fat with the addition of a sprig of thyme.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into an even, round layer for each serving.
- Put 2 tablespoons of caponata on a serving plate, place the confit duck leg on them, brush it with your own fat for a glossy look. Place a slice of sweet potato and a couple of tablespoons of cold sour cream nearby.