- Shitake mushrooms
- Button mushrooms
- Red wine
- Bay leaves
- Soy sauce
- Smoke liquid
- Vegetable oil
- Big sauce pan or pressure cooker
- Fry the mushrooms in 2 tbsp of oil until brown and reserve. If the mushrooms are small, you don’t need to chop them.
- Divide the seitan into 3cm cubes by hand, so they get an irregular look. Fry it a little in the same mushroom oil.
- Fry finely chopped garlic and onion together with the bay leaves. When it becomes transparent, add 1 tbsp of flour and fry until starts to get brown. This will make the sauce thicker.
- Then add the carrots, in thick slices, potatoes in quarters and cover with 1-2 glasses of red wine. Once the alcohol is gone, add water until it covers all the ingredients and 1 tbsp of soy sauce and a tsp of smoke liquid.
- Bring it to boil and let simmer for about 20 min until the potatoes are almost cooked, then add the fried mushrooms and let cook for 10 min more. Add salt or more water if needed.