Experimenting with recipes hasn’t been so fun since the cost of living crisis whacked me square in the face, but fear not. This dish costs less than £1.40 and is super low maintenance to make.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 smoked sausages
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red chilli crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pasta of choice
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add sausages and break them into a mince. Add onions and cook until browned.
- Add garlic, chilli, paprika and tomato paste. Stir through.
- After a few minutes, add tinned tomatoes, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Taste test at this point and season accordingly.
- Allow to simmer. Ideally, leave for 20-30 mins or however long you have.
- Boil pasta in the last 10 minutes of your sauce cooking. Cook until al dente. Remove a ladle of pasta water and add to the sauce. Stir through.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir through and cook for a further few minutes.