Smoked Sausage Bucatini Recipe
Experimenting with recipes hasn’t been so fun since the cost of living crisis whacked me square in the face, but fear not. This dish costs less than £1.40 and is super low maintenance to make.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 smoked sausages
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red chilli crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pasta of choice
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add sausages and break them into a mince. Add onions and cook until browned.
- Add garlic, chilli, paprika and tomato paste. Stir through.
- After a few minutes, add tinned tomatoes, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Taste test at this point and season accordingly.
- Allow to simmer. Ideally, leave for 20-30 mins or however long you have.
- Boil pasta in the last 10 minutes of your sauce cooking. Cook until al dente. Remove a ladle of pasta water and add to the sauce. Stir through.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir through and cook for a further few minutes.
I followed the instructions exactly as written and the results were fantastic. I would definitely make this recipe again.