- 2 x 6 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 orange, halved & juiced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
FOR THE SALSA:
- 1 mango, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & diced small
- 1 lime, halved & juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
PREP THE SALMON:
- Working with a dish large enough to handle both salmon fillets pour ½ the orange juice on the dish and place the salmon flesh side down to marinate while you prepare the salsa. Refrigerate.
MIX THE SALSA:
- In a medium bowl toss together mango, red onion, cilantro, avocado, jalapeño, ½ of the lime juice, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss and taste, adjust if needed with lime, salt or pepper.
GRILL THE SALMON:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove salmon from the orange juice, pat dry with a paper towel. Oil and season salmon. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
- Place the warm salmon on a dish and top with the mango & avocado salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.