Prawn and Chorizo Paella
Prawn and Chorizo PaellaCourse: Main Food Recipes, Spanish Kitchen
300g paella rice
900ml chicken stock
200g cooking chorizo
200g raw prawns
50g frozen peas
2 teaspoons of paprika
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves grated
50ml of white wine
- Chop your chorizo and add to a pan of hot oil and fry until cooked and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add chopped onions and crushed garlic to the same pan and cook until soft and aromatic.
- Add the paella rice.
- After 2 minutes add the white wine and allow the rice to soak it up.
- Once its soaked up add your stock. Put pan on the lowest heat and allow stock to simmer and be soaked up by the rice.
- When almost ready, add your prawns and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add your chorizo back into the pan.
- Add frozen peas and allow to simmer for a minute more or until prawns are cooked.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Enjoy and serve with a wedge of lemon.