Broccoli Rabe and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken FranceseCourse: Chicken Recipes, French Kitchen, Main Food RecipesDifficulty: Medium
4 large skinless boneless chicken thighs
1 bunch broccoli rabe
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into rectangular strips
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and basil mix
1 tablespoon capers or 6 large caper berries
- Place chicken thighs between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound chicken with the flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- Divide broccoli rabe and mozzarella between chicken pieces and place on edge. Wrap chicken into a roll and secure well with butcher’s twine. Ideally secure both horizontally and vertically to keep melted cheese from oozing out.
- Salt and pepper your chicken. Place chicken into a medium hot skillet coated with olive oil, until just browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan. Add butter, wine, broth, and lemon juice and boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 6 minutes.
- Place chicken with juices back into the pan along with lemons slices and capers. Cook for another minute and transfer to the baking dish. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the butcher’s twine taking care not to burn yourself. Spoon sauce over chicken and top with cooked lemon slices.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs. An incredibly satisfying and delicious dish!