Creamy Garlic Chicken Breast
Creamy Garlic Chicken BreastCourse: Chicken Recipes, Main Food Recipes
- For The Chicken:
6-8 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally
10 tbsp plain flour
5 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tsp garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
- For The Sauce:
6 tbsp butter
1 Big Onion finely chopped
1 whole head of garlic peeled and divided into cloves
600ml chicken stock
400ml heavy cream
150g grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, to serve
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Cover the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Swirl pan to coat evenly.
- Fry chicken breasts until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer to a warm plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and chicken breasts. When cooked, transfer the chicken onto the same plate.
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Sauté the onion in the remaining oil/juices in the pan until softened.
- Add the garlic to the pan; half of the cloves should be added whole, the other half crushed/finely diced. Sauté the smashed garlic cloves and whole garlic cloves until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any browned bits and let simmer and reduce to half, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 2-3 minutes, combining all of the flavours together.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese. Continue cooking gently for about 2-3 minutes until cheese melts, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and add the parsley.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and let simmer for a further 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce to your liking and to ensure the chicken is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!