Risotto with cream and sweet pepperCourse: Dinner Recipes, Italian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes
Rice 400 g
Butter 100 g
Onion 1 head
Sweet pepper 2 pieces
Garlic 4 cloves
Vegetable broth 1.5 l
Sherry 100 ml
Cream 35% 100 ml
Thyme 4 pieces
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter (80 g) in a deep frying pan and fry the finely chopped onion. Onions should be completely soft and translucent. Pour the rice and fry it for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add finely chopped garlic, mix, then sweat with rice, butter and onion; as soon as the garlic is practically dissolved in the mass of rice and onions and begins to emit its most characteristic odors, pour dry sherry into the pan, mix with rice and vegetables and, removing the fire to a minimum, evaporate the alcohol, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the presence of sherry will only remind its flavor, pour a third of the broth into the pan, mix the contents of the pan so that the broth penetrates all the most secret minks, and cook the rice over low heat, pouring the broth as it boils.
- On the remaining butter, fry the finely chopped and peeled peppers from the seeds and other internal excesses. The peppers should be soft and begin to smell fried.
- Put the peppers in a frying pan with half risotto, add salt, pepper, mix, add broth and continue the same bother with cooking – stir, fill the broth.
- When rice is almost ready, mix the cream with it. Turn off the heat and stir the pan for about a minute to achieve a creamy consistency of risotto.
- Serve, sprinkled with thyme leaves.