Kricket’s Samphire PakoraCourse: Indian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes, Snacks
3 tbsp gram flour
¼ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 inch piece ginger, grated
10 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1/2 Green chilli, finely chopped
vegetable or sunflower oil to fry
- Rinse the samphire in cold water to ensure it’s clean, and shake to dry – don’t worry about it being completely dry as you’ll be adding water anyway.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together (bar the frying oil), you’ll have a very dry and thick mix.
- Adding a tablespoon of water at a time, mix the batter together until it’s a thick liquid, you want it to stick to the samphire if you pull a piece out and for the samphire pieces to clump together.
- Leave the batter to sit for at least 45 minutes.
- Heat your oil in a pan over high heat, you’ll know it’s reached the right temperature when you drop a piece of batter in and it immediately sizzles to the top.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium-high and drop small bunches of samphire into the hot oil, don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Let them fry until they are golden brown, they’ll darken once out of the oil.
- Keep frying in batches until all your pakora is ready! Serve with your favorite chutney and enjoy.