Quorn Chicken & Mushroom Pie is a hearty vegetarian dish that is ideal for those who want to enjoy the taste and texture of chicken without eating meat. This pie, made with Quorn's meat-free chicken pieces and a creamy mushroom sauce, is sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings.
- Bag of Quorn pieces
- 1 x bunch of chopped spring onions
- 150g of sliced mushrooms
- 1 x tbsp of flour
- 1 x knob of butter
- 2 x tsp of English mustard
- 1 x heaped tbsp of creme fresh
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 x sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 x whisked egg (for egg wash)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Pre-heat over to 200 (180 for fan).
- Add a little olive oil and the butter to a heated pan, add the Quorn pieces & season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until Quorn starts to brown.
- Add the spring onions, mushrooms & cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg, creme fresh, mustard & flour and give a good stir through.
- Add the vegetable stock, mix through and leave to cook for around 5 minutes.
- Once all cooked through transfer to a pie dish & cover with the ready roll puff pastry.
- Egg wash the pastry and pop in the oven for 20 minutes.