Tuscan chicken orzotto
- 1Kg chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 1/2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 300g orzo
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced or 125g roasted peppers from a jar
- 100g of sunblush tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 600ml chicken stock
- 150g of spinach, wilted and water drained
- 2 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- Heat oven to 170 fan.
- Nestle the chicken thighs into a shallow casserole dish with a lid. Season, sprinkle with mixed herbs and rub a little OO in the skin. Pop in the oven for 30 mins (lid off).
- Remove from the oven and move the chicken to a plate. Add the orzo, toms, peppers, purée and stock to the casserole. Stir well. Sit the chicken back on top, pop the lid on and return to oven for 20mins.
- Remove from oven and move the chicken to a plate. Add the wilted spinach and cream cheese and give it a quick stir and return the chicken & juices to the casserole.
- Give it a final blast in the oven for a further 10 mins with the lid off. Serve with plenty of crusty garlic bread