- Duck 1,5 kg
- Cane sugar 135 g
- Sherry Vinegar 150 ml
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Coarse salt 20 g
- Salt 1.5 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. For 5 minutes, immerse the duck in a saucepan with low-boiling water, turning off the fire under it.
- Remove the duck from the water. Cut squares in to the skin with a thin knife.
- Salt the duck from the inside. Mix coarse salt with ½ teaspoon of pepper from a mill and rub the skin with this mixture. Put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare varnish: In a saucepan, bring to a boil the sugar, vinegar and salt and cook for 15 minutes at a low temperature until the liquid has the consistency of syrup. There should be about 170 ml of liquid.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Brush 2 layers of varnish onto the duck and put it in the oven for 5 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Bring the oven temperature to 270 degrees and apply lacquer for the last time (2 coats). Put in the oven for a maximum of 5 minutes, watching the color.
- Remove the duck from the dish, discard the fat and the burnt pieces. Pour about 300 ml of hot water into the dish and scrape off the sticky juice with a spatula. In a saucepan, evaporate the water and juice to the desired concentration.