Gourmet Mushroom Mac n Cheese
Gourmet Mushroom Mac n CheeseCourse: Main Food Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
Rigatoni Pasta 2 cups
Unsalted butter 1/2 cup
Whole milk 1 cup
Heavy cream 1/4 cup
All purpose flour 1/2 cup
Sharp cheddar cheese grated 3 cups
Gruyere cheese grated 1 cup
Parmesan Cheese 1/2 cup
Smoked paprika 2tsp
Garlic powder 2tsp
Onion salt 2tsp
Scallions finely chopped 1/2 cup
Panko bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to box instructions to make it perfectly al dente or even slightly less.
- Melt butter in a pan, whisk in flour and keep stirring for about 1 minute until golden brown.
- Next, slowly stir in the milk and heavy cream until well combined. Continue stirring until it starts bubbling. Whisk in salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and 1tsp of onion salt.
- Add all but 1 cup of the shredded cheeses and whisk until smooth. Sauce should be thick and creamy.
- Add the pasta and combine together until pasta is fully coated with the cheese sauce.
- Pour the mac and cheese into a baking dish coated with butter. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and drizzle with truffle oil.
- Sauté cut mushrooms in hot avocado oil and add onion salt, smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp sugar and fry till crispy.
- Top the Mac n Cheese with mushrooms, scallions, Parmesan cheese and Panko crumbs. Bake at 400F until bubbly and beautifully golden.
- Drizzle with more truffle oil and serve with love.