Pork knuckle in beer Recipe
ozy winter dinner. The dish consists of a pork knuckle that is slow-cooked in beer and aromatics until it is tender and falling off the bone.To make pork knuckle in beer, you'll need a large pork knuckle, which is first seared in a hot pan to lock in the flavor and juices. The pork knuckle is then placed in a pot along with beer, onions, carrots, celery, and a variety of herbs and spices. The pot is simmered on low heat for several hours until the pork is tender and the beer has reduced to a thick, flavorful sauce.The pork knuckle is typically served with boiled potatoes or bread dumplings, which can be used to soak up the delicious beer sauce. The dish is often garnished with fresh parsley or chives for added flavor and color.Pork knuckle in beer is a comforting and satisfying dish that is perfect for cold winter nights. The beer adds a rich, malty flavor to the dish, while the aromatics and spices give it a depth of flavor that is sure to please. The dish can also be easily adapted to suit your tastes. You can experiment with different types of beer, herbs, and spices to create a flavor profile that is unique and delicious.
- Pork knuckle
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons caraway
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 2 tsp. iris
- 100 g of beer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon sausage sauce
- Put knuckles into boiling water. Boil until there is no more foam.
- Put the whole onions with small crosswise cut on top of them. Add carrots, pieces of celery root, garlic, bay leaves, cumin, pepper and salt. Boil for two hours on low heat.
- In the meantime, prepare a mixture of spices in beer and honey to grease the meat before baking in the oven and during the baking process: all the spices are crushed and then added to the liquids.
- When knuckles are ready, take them out of the pot and put them on the baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Cut the skin crosswise and rub with the prepared beer, honey mixture. I also sprinkled knuckles with ground pepper and salt.
- Bake in a heated oven at 200 degrees.
- When the skin begins to brown, take the it out and rub it again with the mixture and put it back. This process is repeated four times.
- The last time the oven is placed on the grill mode, to thoroughly brown the skin.
I made this recipe for dinner last night and it turned out delicious!