- Eggplant 1 kg
- Vegetable oil 100 ml
- Olive oil 40 ml
- Garlic 1 clove
- Canned tomatoes with 1 kg pieces
- Mozzarella cheese 300 g
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese 100 g
- Basil 10 g
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Eggplant cut into slices about a centimeter thick. Lay them out in a large container, salting each layer. Leave for an hour. Then rinse and dry on paper towels.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the eggplants on it on both sides until golden brown. Put the finished eggplant on paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, fry chopped garlic for 30 seconds, then add tomatoes and chopped basil. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease the baking dish with olive oil, lay out a layer of eggplants, smear with sauce, then put mozzarella and parmesan. Repeat two more times, finish with a layer of parmesan. Put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 40 minutes.