Bourbon BBQ Chicken WingsCourse: Chicken Recipes, Main Food Recipes
500g chicken wings
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
100ml bourbon whiskey of your choice
2 tbsp of tomato puree
2 tbsp of soft brown sugar
2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
4 tbsp of tomato ketchup
1 tbsp of sriracha sauce
3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
30ml of water, if the sauce is too thick
spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat the oil on medium in a small saucepan.
- Fry the chopped onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the whiskey followed by all the other ingredients and stir. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to get a smooth sauce.
- Set aside until the wings are cooked.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Either cook on the BBQ or in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until cooked.
- Pour the bourbon BBQ sauce over the cooked chicken wings and enjoy.
- (You can cover with the sauce before cooking if you prefer. If you do make sure to keep some sauce behind for dipping)
- (I chose to precook the wings in the oven for 25 minutes then popped them on the BBQ for another 10 minutes and coated them in the sauce)