Buckwheat Pecan Pie BitesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 1/3 cup pecan, chopped
2 Tbsp buckwheat honey
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 Tsp vanilla
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 Tsp salt
- Toast the pecans. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet and add pecans. Toast for about 8-10 minutes stirring frequently until it turns golden brown.
- Make the crust. In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar. Add the flour and salt and beat again until well combined.
- Lightly brush the muffin pan with melted butter. Take a few spoons of the crust dough and press it into a muffin cup all the way up the sides.
- Make the filling. In a large bowl add melted butter, buckwheat honey and vanilla. Stir well. Add toasted pecans and combine until well coated.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Spoon out filling into each crust, filling it about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust starts to brown.
- When ready, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Scoop more filling into each bite to top it up. Let the pecan bites cool completely before removing them from the pan.