Curried sausage rolls are a tasty and flavorful twist on the classic sausage roll, which has grown in popularity in recent years. The spiced filling of ground sausage meat, onions, and curry powder is wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked to golden perfection in these tasty treats.
- 400g sausagemeat
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 0.5 tsp ginger purée
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30ml water
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°/180° fan.
- In a food processor, blitz together the sausagemeat, chutney, curry powder, ginger purée, garlic and water until well-combined. If you don’t have a food processor, do this in a big bowl with your hands.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a board and cut in half lengthways, so you have two long strips of pastry.
- Divide the sausage mixture into two and spread along the length of each pastry strip, leaving about a 1cm border around the edges.
- Brush beaten egg around the pastry edges and tightly roll the pastry around the sausagemeat.
- With the seam side down, brush the top of each roll with beaten egg and sprinkle over the nigella seeds.
- Use a serrated knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces and arrange on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 mins until pastry is puffed and golden and the sausage has cooked through.
- Enjoy hot or cold!