Curried Sausage Rolls
Curried Sausage RollsCourse: Pastry Recipes, Snacks
1 tbsp mango chutney
1 tbsp curry powder
0.5 tsp ginger purée
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
1 tsp nigella seeds
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°/180° fan.
- In a food processor, blitz together the sausagemeat, chutney, curry powder, ginger purée, garlic and water until well-combined. If you don’t have a food processor, do this in a big bowl with your hands.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a board and cut in half lengthways, so you have two long strips of pastry.
- Divide the sausage mixture into two and spread along the length of each pastry strip, leaving about a 1cm border around the edges.
- Brush beaten egg around the pastry edges and tightly roll the pastry around the sausagemeat.
- With the seam side down, brush the top of each roll with beaten egg and sprinkle over the nigella seeds.
- Use a serrated knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces and arrange on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 mins until pastry is puffed and golden and the sausage has cooked through.
- Enjoy hot or cold!