Curried Sausage Rolls Recipe
Curried sausage rolls are a delicious and flavorful twist on the classic sausage roll that has become increasingly popular in recent years. These tasty treats are made with a spiced filling of ground sausage meat, onions, and curry powder, all wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked to golden perfection.To make curried sausage rolls, the filling is first prepared by mixing together ground sausage meat with diced onions and a generous amount of curry powder. This mixture is then seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside. Next, sheets of puff pastry are rolled out and cut into squares or rectangles, depending on personal preference. The spiced sausage mixture is then spooned onto the pastry squares and rolled up tightly, sealing the filling inside. The rolls are then brushed with an egg wash and baked in the oven until they are puffed and golden brown.One of the great things about curried sausage rolls is that they are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. This makes them a great option for those who are short on time or who are looking for a tasty and satisfying snack to enjoy at home.Another great thing about curried sausage rolls is their versatility. You can adjust the level of spiciness to suit your tastes, and you can even add other ingredients to the filling, such as diced apples or raisins, for added flavor and texture.Curried sausage rolls are also a great option for those who are looking for a hearty and filling snack. The sausage filling is rich in protein, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, and the puff pastry provides a satisfying crunch that is sure to satisfy any craving.
- 400g sausagemeat
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 0.5 tsp ginger purée
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30ml water
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°/180° fan.
- In a food processor, blitz together the sausagemeat, chutney, curry powder, ginger purée, garlic and water until well-combined. If you don’t have a food processor, do this in a big bowl with your hands.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a board and cut in half lengthways, so you have two long strips of pastry.
- Divide the sausage mixture into two and spread along the length of each pastry strip, leaving about a 1cm border around the edges.
- Brush beaten egg around the pastry edges and tightly roll the pastry around the sausagemeat.
- With the seam side down, brush the top of each roll with beaten egg and sprinkle over the nigella seeds.
- Use a serrated knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces and arrange on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 mins until pastry is puffed and golden and the sausage has cooked through.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
My family loved it and asked for the recipe.