Tyrolean cherry pie
Tyrolean cherry pieCourse: Dessert Recipes, Pastry Recipes
Wheat flour 1.5 cups
Sugar 1.5 cups
Egg 4 pieces
Potato starch 1 tablespoon
Milk 1 cup
Butter 150 g
Cherry 350 g
Gelatin 1 tablespoon
Cognac 30 ml
- First, you need to remove the seeds out of cherries and cover the berries with sugar, pour alcohol. Put aside.
- For the dough, cut the cold butter into cubes, mix with 1 egg and 1/3 cup sugar to a homogeneous consistency.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and knead the dough – it shouldn’t stick to your hands; Add flour if necessary and don’t let the dough heat up. Then put the dough in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Place the rolled dough in a mold and pierce it in several places with a fork. So that the dough does not lose its shape in the oven, you have to shred it, for example with a shape of the same size.
- Bake the base at 220 degrees for 15 minutes.
- For the cream, put 4 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan, starch, 3 eggs – whisk everything. Add milk and bring to a boil over low heat. The cream should settle when you take it out of the fire.
- Take a base, pour in warm cream and chill until it cools completely.
- Now you need to dissolve the gelatin in 0.5 cups of water. Add the gelatin to the prepared cherries.
- Take the cream cake out of the fridge. Spread the cherries on the cream and spread them evenly over the entire surface. Top with cherry juice. Place the cake in the fridge until the top cherry layer has fully hardened.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.