Spicy Bowl Of Dumpling SoupCourse: Soup Recipes
1/2 servings frozen dumplings
1/2 package ramen noodles
1 cup greens, chopped
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 small nob ginger, minced or grated
2 cups chicken broth or 2 tsp bouillon + water
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic powder, basil, coriander, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
Fresh cilantro, lime, sriracha for topping
- Cook dumplings bottom side down in a pot until golden, remove from heat – this gets a good crunch on the bottom that I love, but you can skip this step and just boil later if short on time.
- Sauté shallot until softened in the same pan. Add ginger, garlic powder, basil, coriander, salt & pepper and cook until fragrant, approx 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth, soy sauce, sriracha and bring to boil. Return dumplings and add ramen noodles to the pot. Cook for approx 3 minutes, adding greens at the last minute to soften. Remove from the pot into a serving bowl.
- Heat sesame oil over high heat in the same pot. Add sliced garlic, red pepper flakes & sesame seeds, toasting until fragrant and browned, approx 2 min.
- Spoon spicy garlic mix over dumplings, top with cilantro, lime & more sriracha. Enjoy!