Hot red bean lobio
- Cilantro leaves (coriander) 50 g
- Parsley 50 g
- Red beans 250 g
- Celery Leaves 60 g
- Onion 325 g
- Red Basil 50 g
- Celery Stalk 100 g
- Red chilli pepper 10 g
- Garlic 30 g
- Baku tomatoes 130 g
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Pick the beans, freeing from the stab, spoiled and non-salable grain. After that, wash 5-10 times in running water at room temperature and pour cold water in volume that exceeds the amount of beans 4-5 times, leave in a cool place for 10-12 hours.
- After the above time, the beans, once again washed, pour cold water in a 1: 1 ratio and bring to a boil over high heat. The cover is used only at the very end and only when lobio is removed from the stove.
- Having added a bay leaf, a stalk of celery and one bulb entirely, reduce the temperature so that the lobio languishes more than it boils. It is necessary in order to prevent burning, gently stir occasionally.
- Cut the remaining onions (about 125 grams) into small cubes.
- Finely chopped garlic, hot pepper and coarse rock salt are ground in a mortar, to a mushy state.
- When the beans are ready for 10-15 minutes until fully prepared, we remove the celery stalk and onion from the broth, and then, gently stirring, add the chopped onion, 1/2 of the chopped greens and the pounded garlic with pepper.
- Constantly stirring bring the beans to readiness. After that, remove from heat and fill with the remnants of chopped fresh herbs mixed with mashed fresh tomatoes.
- Utsho-suneli and adjika (optional) are diluted in a small amount of broth and also add to the beans. Liberally season with fresh ground pepper, salt and bring to taste.
- Bringing to taste, cover with a lid and set for 30-40 minutes in a warm place, so that lobio infused and saturated with the taste and aromas of herbs and spices.
- For serving lobio hot it is better to use a deep plate with a lid. Accompanied, as a rule, they are recommended: mchadi, hot green peppers, cheeses, pickles and fresh greens.
Beans – red, green, white, green, speckled … Dozens of varieties, species and varieties. All this diversity in Georgia is called in one word – “lobio”. This is the product that is eaten by everyone, everywhere and everywhere, both cold and hot. Salads, pie fillings and various snacks are made from it. Cook soups. By adding fried chicken to lobio, they get wonderful hot dishes. Variations of methods and methods of cooking a huge variety. Here is one of them – lobio is hot from red beans. You can also add ukho-suneli and homemade Georgian adjika to lobio.