Tomato soup with almond milk Recipe
Tomato soup with almond milk is a popular and delicious alternative to traditional tomato soup, which is made with cream or milk. This soup is typically lighter in texture and has a slightly nutty flavor due to the addition of almond milk. It is a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy.The soup is often seasoned with herbs such as basil, thyme, and black pepper to enhance the flavor. The soup is easy to make and can be prepared quickly with just a few ingredients. It is also relatively healthy as almond milk is a good source of calcium, vitamin E, and healthy fats.Tomato soup with almond milk is a flavorful and nutritious option for those who want to enjoy a creamy tomato soup without dairy. It is a great choice for a light lunch or dinner and can be served with bread or crackers for added texture.
- 800 grams of chopped tomato
- 500 ml almond milk or cream
- 1 small leek
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 spoons of pesto
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper after taste
- 6 slices light chabatas
- 3 thick slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. butter
- Melt butter in a saucepan and fry the sliced leek, grated carrots and chopped peppers in small pieces. Add half a glass of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, honey, basil, pepper and chopped tomatoes to the contents of the pot. All are stapled until a homogeneous silky mass is formed.
- Almond milk is added to the blender mass and heated.
- Bread slices with butter and put the hot side into a pan with the half-baked slice and a slice of cheese and another slice of bread. Rub for 2 minutes until the bun is golden, the cheese hangs, then the other half. Place the lid and roast for another 2 minutes. Serve with soup.
The texture was off and the taste was not what I was hoping for.