Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 1cm cube garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dash of olive oil
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes until sweating.
- Add the remaining vegetables and seasoning to the pan and cook through for a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and the sprigs of thyme to the pan, reduce to low heat to simmer and cook for approx 30 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Blend the contents of the pan either in a blender or with a hand 6️⃣held blender until smooth.
Empty the contents back into the pan and serve with a garnish of reduced fat creme fraiche (omit for a less calories and vegan soup), toasted butternut squash seeds, freshly ground black pepper, chilli flakes and an extra sprinkle of thyme leaves.