If you're a fan of Indian cuisine, then you must have heard of Paneer Bhurji. This dish is a popular North Indian vegetarian dish that is made with crumbled paneer (Indian cottage cheese). It is a quick, easy, and delicious recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes. We will guide you through a step-by-step process to make the perfect Paneer Bhurji at home.
- 200 grams paneer, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add onions, green chilies, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Sauté till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté till they turn soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add crumbled paneer and mix everything together.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Paneer Bhurji is ready to be served hot with roti or paratha.
- Always use fresh paneer for the best taste and texture.
- Make sure to crumble the paneer using your hands and not a food processor for the perfect texture.
- You can adjust the spice levels according to your preference.
- Adding a pinch of sugar to the dish helps balance the flavors.
- Do not overcook the paneer as it can become rubbery.